The World According To Nick: A Week Off

Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Week Off


Today I got back to running after a week off to rest a sore right foot. The foot is still sore, but it magically feels better when I'm running, so I figure why not. During my week off, I didn't see the need to watch what I ate (when do I ever), and I am realizing that I am almost back to my original weight before my running career began, so I am now on food watch, as I am sure that if I lose a few pounds, my knees and feet will thank me for it. Due to my sore foot, I chose not to run an 8 K I signed up for yesterday, and nicely enough, the race director called me and asked if I would like him to send the race shirt anyway. I tried to tell him I didn't earn it, but he was very nice, so I accepted his offer. I will hopefully redeem myself next year and complete the race. So, this week officially starts half marathon training, and I am excited to see my weekly milage go up. More next week!

No comments: