The World According To Nick: Running Playlists and the Bands That Fill Them.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Running Playlists and the Bands That Fill Them.


Hello faithful readers, I am back with a short but sweet post today, I'll get back to the story of My Running Life So Far in the very near future. Today I just wanted to discuss running playlists a little bit. I don't know about you, but I can't run unless I have some adrenaline pumping music to listen to on the old Ipod. I've tried podcasts and audiobooks, but they just don't have the same energetic effect as music. A lot of runners like to listen to the stereotypical stuff that is inspirational and uplifing, but I prefer good old Hard Rock, with a little Heavy Metal for good measure. A few of my favorite bands are KISS, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, AC/DC, Velvet Revolver, STP, Smashing Pumpkins, Twisted Sister, Van Halen, and of course Black Sabbath (and solo Ozzy as well). These bands keep the blood flowing as I make my way mile after mile, and for really long runs the right song at the right time can really pick me up just as good as a GU gel pack. I'm interested to know what you jam on while running, so leave me a comment with some recommendations. Oh yeah, and my guilty pleasure song - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper.

No comments: