The World According To Nick: Races I'd like to run

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Races I'd like to run


Here are some races I'm planning to sign up for. I need more T-shirts.

1. Health Kids Day 5 K - 4-18-09 - Vincennes, IN
www.vincennesymca.org
2. Pike Central NHS 5 K - 5-9-09 - Petersburg, IN
www.pcsc.k12.in.us/pchs/NHS.htm
3. Run Though The Jungle 5 K - 5-16-09 - Center Point, IN
www.junglerun5k.com
4. Laufenfest 5 K - 6-20-09 - Haubstadt, IN
http://www.laufenfest.com/index.html
5. Bring The Heat 8 K - 7-25-09 - Montgomery, IN
http://tristaterunner.com/documents/BringtheHeat2009.pdf

All of these races look like fun, I ran the Health Kids Day 5 K last year, it was local, and a good turnout. The Run Through The Jungle 5 K goes through an exotic feline rescue center (lions and tigers), so it should be cool, but a 2 hour drive. Laufenfest will have a biergarten at the finish line, so that should be awesome, and I've never done an 8 K before, so the Bring the Heat race should be fun, it's also a trail race. Hopefully all these races will lead up to training for a fall half marathon.

No comments: