The World According To Nick: Just Getting Started

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Just Getting Started


Nothing seems to be happening at work today, so I'll just tackle a few random topics bouncing around in my head. Last night I had a great run, 3 miles in 25:29. I've been running for almost a year now, starting about the end of January 2008. I didn't know if it would last, but as I added on the miles and learned a thing or two about running, I got hooked. But I now have a small problem, I seem to have injured my knee a few months ago, and it is still nagging. I trained and competed in a half marathon, and the knee started bothering me a few weeks before the 13.1 mile race. My self diagnosis is runners knee, and I gave it 3 weeks off, but that didn't seem to help. I felt good after last nights run, with a little pain, but this morning it hurts a lot worse. I hate to go to the doctor, but I feel that maybe it's time to seek a professional opinion. In the mean time I think I will give it a break until after the new year, and find other ways to burn calories so I can keep eating like a much younger version of myself.

No comments: